Jake McGuire has been a writer, reporter, editor and is one of America's most published photographers. His photos appear in private collections, exhibitions, offices, and his photos and articles have been found in airline and travel magazines. He currently has 7 coffee table books in print. In addtition to studying journalism he attended culinary school and has written about food, wine and travel.
McGuire, a native Washingtonian, has won more than a dozen awards for photography and photojournalism. He has been to more than 40 countries and has an extensive collection of international images that have been published in a wide variety of publications..
McGuire has worked full-time at five newspapers and he was asked to help launch The Hill Newspaper to compete with Roll Call and did multiple jobs there as a writer, photo editor and restaurant critic.
a few highlights:
• In January of 1989, the Presidential Inaugural Committee commissioned McGuire to produce a signed, limited edition print of the White House. The photograph was signed by the President and Vice President and given to the notables who performed at the Inaugural Gala.
• In March of 1992, McGuire received an Arts America grant from the United States Information Agency to give photography lectures in the Persian Gulf Sheikdom of Bahrain.
• In the summer of 1994, McGuire was invited by the government of Peru to go on a whirlwind tour of the top sites in Peru with a group of noted American writers and photographers.
In August of 1994, McGuire helped launch, The Hill Newspaper as the first photo editor but quickly snagged the coveted job as the restaurant critic, too.
• In April of 1997, LIFE MAGAZINE selected one of McGuire’s photos for the cover of a special edition of LIFE.
• In January of 2001, the Presidential Inaugural Committee chose McGuire’s photos of Washington to grace the pages of the official inaugural brochures and programs.
• From August of 2004 to September 2010, McGuire was commissioned by Twin Lights Publishers (Rockport, MA) to produce a series of colorful coffee-table books. New titles include, "Washington, D.C., a Photographic Portrait," "Baltimore, MD, a Photographic Portrait," and "Annapolis, MD, a Photographic Portrait,” Tidewater of Virginia a photographic Portrait,” and “Flying Above the New England Coast.”
• McGuire currently provides his stately images of Washington, D.C. for office decor, publications, members of congress, embassies, donor gifts, recognition items and much more for law firms, associations, corporations, government contractors, and more. Please feel free to browse these pages and let your friends and colleagues know about his services.